Sunday, April 3, 2011

Things I learned This Weekend

OK, so I learned some interesting things this weekend. 

First off, I still crave sugar!  Not nearly as bad as I did, but I'm kinda disappointed that I still have that craving.

Second, we went to Dion's for pizza on Friday night and we ordered a pizza and a pitcher of Dr. Pepper.  We each got a small paper cup (12 oz?) and refilled as wanted.  Well, I filled up my cup and I couldn't drink it!  I was shocked at how sweet the soda was.  I never remembered it being that sweet.  I drank about 1/2 of the cup and threw the rest away.  I was really pleased with myself that I didn't go hog wild over having some soda.  I was also surprised that I didn't like the taste all that much anymore.  I asked for a glass of water and drank that more than the soda.

Third, never buy donuts for church (especially krispy kreme).  They just call out to you no matter what.  I tried one of them also - way too sweet as well. 

So, the lesson I'm learning this week is that yes, even tho I am craving sugar, the taste is nothing like I remember it.  I'm pleased with my progress so far.  I'm curious to see what this coming week will hold.

No comments: