Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 5 - Still Plugging Along......

Another week gone by and a few lessons learned. 

Soooo, I had a pretty good week overall.  No big pitfalls.  It seems like I'm getting a handle on self-control - almost....

I think trying to find snacks in this new eating lifestyle has been the hardest.  I was so excited last week to find chips made out of refried beans.  I think they're called "Beanitos".  They were "ok".  They satisfied the crunch desire, but I'm still out on the taste.  It's just not tortilla chips, no matter how hard I try.  But I did get to eat some salsa and chips, so it's all good!

I've tried a variety of nuts as snacks.  I really like almonds, but not all the time.  So, I've ventured out to pecans, walnuts, and nut mixes.  However, I found some cocoa almonds that are to die for!  I think they are by Emerald Nuts and WOW!  Only 1 g. of sugar per serving.  I can definitely live with that. 

Cheese - I love cheese, but only certain ones.  I've decided I don't like the string cheese that is half cheddar and half mozarella.  It just doesn't work for me.  I like the pepper jack and the co-jack sticks tho so they are always in my fridge. 

I broke down and bought sugar free jello to make.  I love jello.  BUT, and this is a big "BUT" for me.   I'm allergic to aspertame.  It gives me migranes like you wouldn't believe.  So, diet sodas and sugar free stuff is usually out for me.  What to do, what to do???....  So, I found some Excederin Migrane and took it BEFORE I ate the jello!  End result, dull ache, but no full blown migraine.  There is hope :-)

So, what does this all mean in relation to my weight loss so far........well, I tried on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in almost 6 years (honestly, how many of you keep pants that don't fit you anymore for THAT long??? I think I have slight hoarder tendencies.) and (drumroll here) I got them on AND wore them to church!  How cool is that??!!  I honestly didn't think about trying them on until Sunday morning.  Never dreamed I could get them on, let alone wear them!  That has given me an incentive to continue.  I went and weighed on my Wii Fit on Tuesday and lost another pound.  Not a huge amount, but it's a loss and I'll take it.  I just wish I had started weighing myself before I started this lifestyle change. 

The jeans by which I measure myself every week (on Monday), are almost wearable.  I can get the buttonhole to the edge of the button and I could probably wear the pants, but I want to be able to button them up and wear them without feeling like I'm cutting myself in half.  So, I'm curious to see what this Monday will bring. 

Well, that's this weeks' update!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog