Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hmmmmmm...........

Well, it's been almost 3 weeks.  I haven't weighed myself and don't plan on it.  Been trying to figure out some way to check my weight loss (if any).  My clothes don't feel as tight and I'm sticking to the "diet" fairly close.  I'm not watching my carbs, but my sugars.  I try and eat only a things that have 3-4 grams of sugar per serving (or less).  I have learned doing this that I need to watch how many nuts I eat because even tho they have no sugars, they are extremely high in fat.  Now, it's "good" fat, not "bad fat", but it's still fat and I don't want to add anymore of that to my body.  I have had no bread in three weeks, no flour tortillas, only a few chips (I'm a sucker for chips and salsa), 2 pieces of chocolate cake (my daughter's birthday - but the 2 pieces were spread days apart).  Anyway, when I do eat something with lots of sugars, I'm controlling how much I eat.  This has changed a lot from what I used to do before.  I am become more aware of what I put in my mouth.  I use Splenda for my tea (which I drink almost all the time) and I've noticed I am using less of it.  I am realizing that my "sweet tooth" is shrinking.  I am not craving sugar or sweets like I used to. 

I have found a couple of recipes that really appeal to me.  Breakfast is a really hard thing for me.  I've never been a breakfast eater, but in January, I started cooking breakfast for my daughter before school.  I finally found an spinach omelette recipe that I liked.  Lunch is much easier as is dinner.  I made red chile meat this morning.  It should be really good tomrrow for breakfast. 

Lunch has been chicken salad (recipe on my blog), salads, hamburger patties and beans. 

Dinner has consisted of broccoli, salmon, shrimp, anything that doesn't have any flour products or sugar. 

It's been an interesting journey so far.  I have come to realize that I am not as tired as I was.  My body feels so much better.  I feel like I have a lot more energy.

So, what am I going to use as a way to judge my progress.  I'm thinking I'll use my wedding band to see if I can get it to fit my figure eventually. 

March on.....

No comments: