Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Another Day

Well, it's Monday and like most Mondays, I get up and get ready for the day. I usually start by reading the news on the internet. I don't really watch news on TV anymore. It seems to be more half-truths than not.


Being a Christian and a Conservative are both bad today. I read where the Miss USA participant didn't get the crown and they think it's because of her answer to a question. She answered the question, just not the way they wanted it. To her I say "I salute you!". I'm proud to see a young person stand up for their beliefs, even at the cost of your own goal. I pray that my daughter will one day grow up to be unashamed about her beliefs as you are.

Trying to keep away from soft drinks today. Love the stuff tho. But I live mostly on iced tea anyway, but sometimes don't you just crave a good soft drink? Just like a good chocolate chip cookie? Or a good bowl of posole?

So, tried to figure out what to write today and the only things I could come up with was random stuff.

I used to belong to Ravelry, a knitting website. I joined not too longer after my mom died. I took a couple of classes and decided to knit hats for chemo patients. So, I heard about this wonderful site and signed up for an invitation. True, it does have a wealth of information, but....I woke up a few weeks ago and found out I had been banned, along with about 160 others (We all belonged to a group called "the bunker"). Don't really know why. I, and the others from "the bunker" like the young lady who lost the crown, stood our ground for our beliefs. Were some controversial? yes. Were some anti-"whatever", yep. That's ok. I wrote the owner back (and I wasn't exactly sweet, but I wasn't nasty either) and told him that I was fine with it and I could do just as well without him. I honestly don't miss the trolls that came into the conservative groups I belonged to (and I belonged to a lot of them) and cause trouble. The bad thing was, it was the conservatives that got railroaded, not the trolls. Oh, well, life goes on. I hear they are happier without the voices of reason. That's fine, I think most of us are happier without them, too. I think this just makes me realize that this country is turning a different direction. I would never have thought to spew filth at someone for voicing their opinions in like-minded groups. I would never have thought to post disgusting responses to people who ask honest questions or who are seeking advise. Oh well, life is too short for places like that. Actually, I've been doing more knitting than when I was on Ravelry, so that's a good thing.

I see spring is in the air - or in our case - summer. I really hate the heat. With the heat comes weeds. Did I tell you I hate the heat? But, I love having fresh produce! I can hardly wait for homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers. They make such a great salad.
Well, that's about it. Guess I'll post a few pics for you.

This is the sunset as seen from my front porch. Isn't it beautiful. God truly creates wonderful things. This was taken on a trip to the Grand Canyon a few years ago.



Did anyone see Marley and Me?? Well, I've got one very similiar. She's a total goof.

This is a picture of a flower from a plant that was given to me after my mom died. Love the flowers and it usually has 2 blossoms at the same time. I'm surprised I've kept it alive this long.

No comments: