Thursday, April 16, 2009

Local Tea Party



Says it all, doesn't it.

Everyone was gathering in the park after walking to the park from another location.




Well, April 15 has come and gone and what a day it was. I never thought I would get out and walk in a rally against big government and rising taxes. I also never thought that my child would participate in such an event. It is truly amazing when you realize that your freedoms, that most all of us take for granted, are being threatened. There are so many issues that the government is working on that is not being talked about in the mainstream media. Yesterday made me realize that I needed to get more involved in politics and start raising awareness of what our children will be facing if something isn't done.

The tea party, I would say was a smashing success! The flags, the Pledge of Allegience, the friendliness of the participants. Everyone was happy to be able to speak. Many thanks to the people who showed their support by honking their horns, waving, giving us thumbs up. Isn't it great to be an American? Below are some more pictures of the rally.







Now onto another concern of mine. There are two bills currently in Congress that will greatly affect anyone who grows their own garden or has their own livestock. The two bills are HR875 and SB425. They are bills that are intended to protect us from food borne illnesses (food safety bills). The bills are too broad and as an individual, if these bills pass, I will not be able to grown my own produce or have my own livestock! What is wrong with this picture? HR875 has 40 sponsors! It is backed by four large food producers that I will not name. So, please people, if you care about what you eat or don't eat, please call your Congress men and women and Senators and voice your opposition to these bills.

No comments: