Monday, April 13, 2009

Accomplishment!


Well, I've basically been teaching myself how to knit and I really enjoy it. One of the things that I have been scared to death to try is lace knitting. So, anywho, some very nice people suggested I try knitting the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl by Susan Pierce Lawrence. I went down and bought my yarn (Merino 5 Superwashed wool by Crystal Palace) and got to work. Well, it took me right at a week, knitting at night only and voila! it is done!

I can't wait to make this again.

4 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Wow, just a week? That's fantastic. Be very proud of yourself. :-)

Laura said...

Hi, i'm DrLaura, "CPYsockguru" and we'd love your permission to post your gorgeous shawl pic on our blog
CPYsocks&more. email to me as DrLauraASirius@gmail.com

thanks!

Becky G said...

It looks great! What a fantastic first lace project.

Sheila said...

Beautiful. Thatn you for pointing me towards this one. I think it would be perfect for me to try.

Now to go find the yarn.