Monday, December 28, 2009

Yes, I know it's past Christmas and Thanksgiving and I know I'm late in posting this, but what else is new - bookmark my page for next year's celebrations.

This recipe came from a dear friend and everyone that tries it loves it and wants the recipe, so I'm sharing with you. Hope you like it. BTW, if you're counting your calories or carbs or fats, then don't bother making this recipe -it's not for the weight conscious.

Sweet Potato Casserole

6 c. cooked-mashed sweet potatoes
1 c. sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. evaporated milk

Mix all ingredients well. Stir until creamy. Put into a buttered casserole dish. On top add:

3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. flour
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 c. pecans, chopped

Mix all and spread or sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture.

Bake at 350 deg. for 45 minutes.

You can also add little marshmallows after done baking and let melt before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: