Sunday, March 29, 2009

LaDonna's Favorite Quiche Recipe

Throughout the past couple of years, I have become a lover of quiche. I didn't grow up eating it, it is something I developed a taste for. I like this recipe because it is pretty adaptable to what I have in my freezer or my garden at any given time. I hope you enjoy it.

Preheat oven to 350 Deg.

1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 Tblsp. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. ground sausage, browned
1/2 c. green chile
1 c +/- broccoli (steamed)
sauteed onion, to taste
8 oz. grated swiss cheese

Mix altogether and pour into a pre-made pie crust or make your own crust (I will post my mom's recipe that I use, next).

Variations: I have used the following in lieu of broccoli: 1 c. drained, steamed spinach or you can mix it up by dividing the 1 c. measurement with various other veggies. I like mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, swiss chard, yellow squash, to name a few. You can also substitute bacon for the sausage. If you don't like meat, just replace it with more veggies.

This makes a deep-dish quiche.

Enjoy

Bake for 1 hour

No comments: