Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zucchini Lasagna

I came up with this recipe on my own. I can't say it's perfect and I am constantly working on making it better, but I really do like it and so does my family. Just a word of advise - it's so much better the day after. I guess letting all the flavors blend together is why. I hope you like it and please be forgiving if it isn't perfect. It's kind of like me - God's not finished with me, yet and I'm not quite finished with my lasagna - we're both a "work in progress".

1/2 c. chopped onions
1 large can tomato sauce
1 c. frozen broccoli, cut up
2 cans sliced mushrooms, drained, or 1 lb. fresh mushrooms washed and sliced
1 small can tomato paste
3/4 c. TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
1 c. frozen, chopped spinach
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. water
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 T. olive oil
1/2 c. red wine
salt, pepper and garlic to taste
1 pkg. no boil lasagna noodles
grated mozarella, to taste

Preheat oven to 375 deg

Saute onions in olive oil until clear. Add tomato sauce, seasonings, wine, water and tomato paste. Stir well. Cook until heated well. Add all vegetables and the TVP. Cook until the sauce is thickened - approximately 30 minutes. If it gets too thick, add more water.

Spray a 9x13 pan with PAM. Layer the sauce, noodles and cheese in the pan until you run out of the sauce. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is browned and the lasagna is bubbly.

No comments: