Monday, January 24, 2011

So, life has been crazy at our home lately.  Can't believe Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year has passed us by.  Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, so I think I"ll go and celebrate it in her memory.  Miss you mom!

Lately, I've been surfing the web for cowls and infinity scarves to knit.  I don't know what it is about them, but there is such an appeal to them. Then I started looking for "neckwarmers" and came across scarflettes.  I like them, however many of them or most of them require buttons.   My problem has always been buttons on anything I make.  I don't like to add buttons.  If I can find a way around them, I'll do it.  So, that being said, I just finished off the "Autumn Leaves" Scarflette (http://florriemarie.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/autumn-leaves.pdf) and Candy Wrapper Scarflette.  Both turned out beautiful, but I wanted that something "special" to finish them off so I thought "Why not vintage??"  So, what do you think?


I decided to use vintage pins!  That makes the scarflettes adjustable for me or anyone I give one to.  So, if you hate to make buttonholes or don't know where to sew the buttons on, consider going vintage!  Vintage pins, that is!  Have a blessed day.

No comments: