Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sausage Muffins - Mini or Regular

I got this recipe, which is awesome, by the way, from my friend Cheri. 

They are very addictive, so make enough :)

The picture to the left is of the miniature muffins.  I prefer them because they are just a bite or two and they are easier to handle at potlucks or for Sunday School snacks, plus, just a few are really filling.

Recipe:

3 C Pioneer Biscuit Mix (Cheri recommended this brand over any of the others because she says it bakes up lighter and fluffier - I'll taker her word for it - she loves to cook as much as I do)

3/4 c. milk
1 can Cheddar Soup
1 pound bulk sausage (I prefer hot), cooked up and crumbled
12 oz. cheese (either cheddar, co-jack or pepper jack work really well)

Mix all together and spoon into a GREASED muffin tin.  Bake 25-40 minutes (depending on size of muffins) till done.  Watch for the tops to turn slightly brown.  Remove from oven, cool and remove from tin.  Regrease before using for the 2nd batch.

A single recipe will make about 50 mini muffins and they freeze really well.  To reheat them, grab a few, put them on plate and "nuke 'em" for about 35-40 seconds.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I wonder what I could use in place of the Cheddar Soup, I am not a fan of it. Maybe Potato Soup? I use the Bisquick recipe for Sausage Balls, and it is very similar. Yummy!

LaDonna said...

Chris - the soup really isn't noticeable - try it the first time and see what you think