Saturday, January 2, 2016

Paul's Scarf

A while back I had a friend ask me to knit him  scarf.  That, to me, is an honor.  Most people don't ask me to knit them things.  Below is the pattern.  It's very simple, but it knits up quickly and easily.  It's also perfect for a guy!


Supplies:

1 skein worsted weight yarn (I used an indie yarn that is a South African wool base -) or as much as you desire.  It had approximately 460 yards
Size 9 knitting needles (either straights or a 16" circular)
Darning needle

Cast on 41 stitches

Knit 4 rows

For the remainder of the scarf, this is the pattern:


Row 1:  K6, sl stitch (as if to purl), repeat to end of row
Row 2:  K6, yarn forward, so stitch  (as if to purl), yarn back.  repeat to end of row
Row 3:  K6, sl stitch (as if to purl), repeat to end of row
Row 4:  K6, yarn forward.  sl stitch (as if to purl), yarn back. repeat to end of row
Row 5:  Knit across
Row 6:  K6, yarn forward, so stitch  (as if to purl), yarn back.  repeat to end of row


Repeat rows 1-6 for desired length

At the end of your scarf, knit 4 rows, bind off loosely, weave in ends

Block.  I put wires at both ends.  Pinned one side down and stretched it to the desired length - 84"

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Love it! Simple and classic, I agree perfect for a guy!

There was an error in this gadget